Friday, October 26, 2007

Talkative

Jonah makes a lot of new noises these days -- happy noises! They're fun to hear and to try to imitate. He and I have a "conversation" every morning, when I'm eating breakfast. I'll talk to him, and if I give him a little time, he'll respond with a comment of his own (frequently, "goo."). He likes it when I try to make the same sound.

He also likes watching me eat, especially cereal -- it's like he's trying to figure it all out. I bet it's the shiny spoon he likes.





We got him a play mat last week, which he loves. He likes the star that sings to him and flashes lights in time with the music, and he likes smiling at the baby in the mirror. And man, that play mat is a Godsend for my mornings -- there is a lot less screaming now, which makes it a lot easier for me to get ready for work! I bring the star to work and hang it on the mobile on the Pack-n-Play, so it can sing to him at work and at home. He loves that star -- we get lots of kicks and smiles and happy noises when the star is on. I've also rigged it so I can hang one of those soft cube toys that has lots of different textures and dangly bits from the mobile, nice and low, and he likes that, too. Just today, he's learning that if he waves his left arm around, he can hit it and it will move! Very exciting.

No comments: